The education methodology at IcfaiTech encourages independent thinking and helps the students in developing holistic perspectives, strong domain knowledge, contemporary skill-sets, and positive attitudes.
The institute has evolved a comprehensive student-centric learning approach consisting of several stages, designed to add significant value to the learners’ understanding in an integrated manner.
- Classroom Instruction: Students receive full-time classroom instruction, which will help them to learn and consolidate their understanding of the subjects.
- Courseware: Courseware and course handouts designed for independent study provided to students.
- Independent Study: This helps students to achieve a prescribed level of knowledge through self-study.
- Assignments: Assignments are administered as a part of the practice and evaluation schemes. They are an important component in internal evaluation.
- Lab Sessions: Laboratories provide facilities for the students of all disciplines to acquire skills for the measurement of various parameters in science and technology.
- Language Development Sessions: In addition to technical education, students are provided with language development sessions during the course of their study.
- Workshops: Workshops with various machine tools and equipment, including a CNC machine, allows students to gain hands-on training in various areas of workshop practices.
- IT Training: Information Technology skills are essential for engineers to succeed in today’s information technology-intensive environment. All students have access to well-equipped computer labs for doing their coursework in IT. In addition, every student is provided with a laptop computer.
- Seminars: Seminars are conducted on current engineering topics of importance. These seminars help students interact with professionals in industry and expand their knowledge base.
- Internship: The internship program enables the students to experience the rigors of the work environment and apply the concepts learnt in the classroom to real-life situations.
- Projects: Projects attempt to bridge the gap between the professional world and academic institutions. They help the students to develop practical work skills.
- Evaluation: Student performance in each course will be assessed by means of continuous and internal evaluation throughout the semester. Students will be evaluated on the basis of assignments, seminars, projects, various tests, quizzes, and a final examination conducted every semester for evaluation and grading.